Are you passionate about target archery? The question is what types of targets should you use? Sometimes it can be hard to find just the right one for you.
Well, if you are a novice, and are not sure about the best archery target, don’t panic – we got you covered with our choice of the best archery target reviews!
- Our Top Best Archery Targets
- Target Archery: Rules
- Types Of Archery Target: Best Archery Targets
- TOP 4 Best Archery Targets
- Over to You
Our Top Best Archery Targets
|Picture||Archery Target||Our Review|
|Morrell Double Duty 400 FPS Field Point Archery Bag Target||Our Review|
|The Block Classic Archery Target||Our Review|
|Rinehart 18 – 1 Broadhead Target||Our Review|
|Field Logic Hurricane Archery Bag Target H25||Our Review|
We’ve got targets meant for all sorts of bows, so stay stunned, because we also have a few crossbow target reviews.
In target archery, the shooter lets out arrows that strike a fixed or stationary target at a distance. There are different kinds of such targets that you can choose from that will help you with your hunting skills.
It is best to opt for a target that is bright and colorful, provides good contrast, one that you can view from a distance. Flexibility and portability are some of the other ideas you need to focus on.
Target Archery: Rules
Ever since its inception in the 1990s, this sport has seen great heights with its participation in different contests and events. Before you go on to purchase the best target bag for yourself, here are some rules to follow for the sport.
- If you are shooting three arrows, you will be given a maximum of 2 minutes; and six arrows can fetch up to 4 minutes.
- If it happens that the arrow does not stick to the target but either rebounds or hangs from it, then the score will be tabulated based on the mark that the arrow leaves on the board.
- If an arrow happens to fall off, it will be considered to be ‘not shot’ and extra time will be allotted to the shooter.
- Unless a signal is given to start the process, the bow arm cannot be raised to release the arrow.
That being said, it is essential to be aware of the types of archery targets that you can choose for a flawless sport. Here is an in-depth look at the targets.
Types Of Archery Target: Best Archery Targets
There are different types of archery targets that are available for your bow. Here are some ideas:
One of the best archery targets comes in the form of target bags. These come with large surface areas, such that it becomes more convenient for beginners and amateurs. Typically, these can withstand a huge number of hits and tend to be durable.
Essentially, they come with a synthetic fill inside such that the arrows can strike the bag and can then be removed easily.
It is best to use these targets for indoor locations; such that they can be hung from something.
Foam Block Targets
These are the lighter targets that can be stored and transported easily from one place to another. The arrows will never break the heads or tips, since friction is used to stop the arrows and should not harm them.
However, if the arrows are too heavy, they might get buried too deep into the target before friction actually plays its part.
Outdoor locations are ideal for foam block targets where these can be quickly set up and wrapped up.
3D Practice Targets
If your aim is to go out in the open with a compound bow to fulfill your hunting desires, using the best 3D archery targets might be the best option here. You can get these in different animal shapes so that you get a real life hunting experience.
The best 3D archery targets are ideal for real life hunting simulations to get prepared for realistic situations.
You must have made up your mind by now to buy an archery target for yourself. But, what is the best archery target?
This answer lies in the top rated archery targets covered in our archery target reviews. Here are some ideas that will help you make the decision.
TOP 4 Best Archery Targets
Morrell Double Duty 400 FPS Field Point Archery Bag Target
One of the best weapons or targets to have for archery comes from the house of Morrell. For starters, let us first talk about the appearance. This has a colorful touch with designs all around that can really get the attention of the shooter.
Next up, let us talk about its waterproof properties. This particular product comes with a cent per cent waterproof nature, which ensures that regardless of where you use it, the target will remain safe – unhindered by rain or water.
Ideally, this target is known to be able to stop the heaviest and the hardest hitting bows. This particular bag target can successfully stop arrows with speeds up to 400 fps.
In the field of archery, Morrell has established itself as a significant name since its inception in 1986, providing targets for a number of different relevant contests. It has been specially designed with the internal frame system technology for best results.
Now that we have a basic idea of the Morrell Archery bag, let us look into some of the pros and cons of the product.
- This product is a 4-sided bag. This means that you can hit the bag from any one of the four sides according to your convenience.
- There are different sections that you can choose to target including a 9 ball game, a midsection of the deer, a dartboard or a bull’s eye using this as one of best 3D deer targets.
- The bag target is also known to be very durable in action. The target bag is also very useful when you need to carry it out.
- With the tote carrying handle, you can now take it wherever you go.
- The arrows can be removed from the target very easily and conveniently.
- The target is a good product for people who prefer to shoot on a daily basis maintaining consistent quality.
- The netting that has been placed on the target bag sometimes seems to be quite the hazard for the shooters.
- Sometimes it becomes difficult to see where the arrows are hitting the target.
Overall, this target bag is a great choice for people shooting regularly. It seems to work fine for a few months before the markings become a little hazy. With a strong structure, the bag will be able to hold arrows that are strong and swift.
The Block Classic Archery Target
Next up is another of the best bow targets that is really exciting. It is in black to cater to the needs of the archery enthusiasts.
First and foremost, the archery target has a black appearance with white dots that gives it an attractive look. This has been specially done in order to help the shooters sharpen their skills with regards to long range and short range shooting.
The design has been crafted in such a way that the dots located at the corners are meant for short range work while those in the middle for the shots for longer ranges.
- The target is structured in an open layer design such that the arrows are stopped by means of friction instead of using force.
- The whole process of removing the arrows from the bag is also rather simple. Once the heat from the frictional forces cools off, the arrows are very easily released.
- The bag has a long life regardless of the kind of arrow you use.
- You can actually carry the bag with you wherever you go because of its lightweight nature and high portability design.
- Sometimes, the foam in the target bag tends to stick to your arrow you need to clean it after every shot.
Overall, this target bag is good to use for infrequent target shooting. You would need to carry out some maintenance work on the arrows in order to keep them in quality condition.
Rinehart 18 - 1 Broadhead Target
The next product on our list of the best archery targets comes with a whopping 18 sides that facilitate amateur and pro shooters. All of this in one target makes it a really interesting product.
The colors are vivid and bright that makes the process a whole lot easier for the shooters. The make of the target is durable and strong such that it can stay with you for a long time. Also, the arrows do not lose their shape or integrity once they hit the target.
- The product comes with an easy to carry handle that allows you to carry it anywhere you want to.
- The lightweight structure makes it easy to haul around.
- Being weatherproof allows the shooters to use the target under different weather conditions.
- It is termed as self-healing foam since the arrows do not tear the material apart; instead, they just create a hole that can close on its own.
- Sometimes the target seems to go a little weak. When one side of the bag is hit, the whole product shifts and rotates to that particular side, causing hassles.
- Also sometimes, the arrows get stuck in the target and are difficult to get out.
This archery target seems to work fine for light arrows and in different weather conditions.
However, if the arrows are too strong or fast, they seem to rip the material apart. Overall, it is a cost effective option to practice archery, especially since it is self-healing.
Field Logic Hurricane Archery Bag Target H25
This particular product seems to be one of the best bow targets because of the wide range of arrows this target is able to stop.
It is effectively made from a tri-core material that holds up a strong surface against the likes of strong arrows. This is durable and strong.
Just how the target is able to stop the fast arrows, it is also rather simple to take the arrows out of the bag. It is a great option for shooters, both amateurs and professionals because of the hardy structure.
- Being one of the best archery targets, it gives a very bright appearance, all thanks to the high visibility and high contrast design.
- This is easier to spot for the shooters from a distance. This ensures that your aiming points are bright and clear to you.
- The vital deer points located on one side of the target are positioned off center such that they do not coincide with the points on the other side of the bag.
- Being compact in size and shape, this target does not take up too much space and thus is very convenient to store at home.
- It is also portable, thanks to the lightweight structure.
- Sometimes, the arrows get stuck in the fabric of the target bag that makes it difficult for the shooters to work around this product.
- It becomes difficult to bring those arrows out.
- For a compound bow, this archery target might prove to be useful, but when you are using a fast crossbow, the target might prove to be a little difficult.
Overall, this is a very cheap 3D archery target that tends to work well with most arrows. A little maintenance is required in order to keep the target in good shape.
But it is extremely portable and works well under different weather conditions to help the shooters.
Over to You
Archery targets can be really useful in order to hone your hunting skills. You can choose the best kind of targets based on your usage or purpose of the shoot.
Based on the best archery target reviews, you can narrow down your choices and select the ideal product for yourself. It is best to opt for a target that is durable, can withstand the force of your arrows, and can be carried out with you in different weather conditions.
Which one is your best archery target? Please let us know in the comments!