Are you on the lookout for an efficient and versatile bow for those long and exciting hunting trips or even for archery?
Are you looking for a product that is both strong and powerful, yet packed in a compact setting?
There is no need to fret here, as we are bringing you some of the highest quality recurve bow reviews. The advantage of a recurve bow lies in the fact that it is made with a variety of materials and provides a strong construction.
What is the best recurve bow? Through this article, we help you sort through the muck and guide you through the selection process.
- Our Top Best Recurve Bows
- Things To Keep In Mind Before Getting A Recurve Bow
- Are Extra Accessories Required for Your Bow?
- Best Recurve Bow Brands
- Best Recurve Bows For Hunting
- Best Takedown Recurve Bow
- Best Recurve Bow For Beginners
- Best Recurve Bow For The Money
- Best Youth Recurve Bow
- Best Recurve Bow For Women
- Our Winner Is…
Our Top Best Recurve Bows
|Bear Archery Grizzly Recurve Bow||For Hunting||Our Review|
|SAS Courage 60″ Hunting Takedown Recurve Bow||Takedown Recurve Bow||Our Review|
|Ragim Wildcat Takedown Recurve Bow Set||For Beginners||Our Review|
|Martin Saber Takedown Bow||For The Money||Our Review|
|Crosman Archery Sentinel Youth Recurve Bow||Youth Recurve Bow||Our Review|
We’ve included here the top rated recurve bows for all categories, so you could have your own best recurve bow in 2017.
If you are concerned about what the composition of a great recurve bow may be, chances are we will cover it for you here.
Things To Keep In Mind Before Getting A Recurve Bow
If you are torn between a number of products in making the decision of getting a recurve bow yourself, here are some guidelines that will help you make the choice before looking at out recurve bow reviews.
Purpose of the recurve bow
You might opt for using the recurve bow for either hunting or just for practice. For the latter, since this is only for practice, you can choose any bow with decent strength.
What you can do is simply go through some of the products, understand the pros and cons and choose one that is within your budget.
However, if you want to use the product for hunting purposes, ideally you should go for a product with a higher draw weight of the bow. A minimum of 40 pounds of draw weight would be required for a hunting bow.
Apart from the draw weight of the recurve bow, the total weight of the product is also important in assessing the effectiveness of the bow. The one point to keep in mind here is that you will be required to hold the bow in position for long durations.
Hence, you need to go for a product you are comfortable with.
Length of recurve
Ideally, the longer the recurve, the more accurately you could expect it to function. The length of the recurve should be twice the draw length. This means that if the draw length of the product is 28”, you would need a recurve bow that has a 56” recurve.
Are Extra Accessories Required for Your Bow?
Another important question that needs to be answered before purchasing a recurve bow revolves around the use of accessories. Some bows come pre-drilled with areas for attaching accessories like a bow sight and other things of that nature.
However, you must typically add the accessories yourself. Now, this depends totally on your preference.
For instance, some people like to keep the recurve bow simple and opt for the stick and string effects. However, some others like the idea of having a few accessories in order to upgrade their weapon.
Best Recurve Bow Brands
Every person has their own opinion of which are the best recurve brands out there in the market, but to name a few, in our opinion a small list of best recurve bow brands would be: Bear Archery, Martin Archery, Hoyt, PSE Archery, Samick Sports. Of course, some of them we’ve also included on our recurve bow reviews.
Without further ado, here is our list of the best recurve bow reviews.
Best Recurve Bows For Hunting
Bear Archery Grizzly Recurve Bow Right Hand
Being strong in nature, it can be used outdoors without hassles. That’s why it’s on our list of one of the best recurve bows for hunting
The northern hardwood proves to be a durable material in this case. The protective shield minimizes abrasion in order to increase the lifetime of the product.
With a bow length of 58”, it becomes the best hunting recurve bow.
The Dacron Flemish string proves to be a quality addition to this piece. Besides, it weighs only about 2 pounds and thus is a very comfortable bow for hunters to take it outdoors.
- The product is ideal for beginners
- The bow shoots very accurately
- Arrow speeds are high
- The recurve bow is ready to go on a hunt right out of the box
- The recurve bow is useful since it is durable and can be used in different weather conditions.
- This particular recurve bow is pretty loud in action, may need silencing accessories
Overall, this recurve bow for hunting from Bear Archery is a great choice for hunters, especially the beginners. This is crafted beautifully and is known to be quite durable.
Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow
Up next is a beautiful product from the house of Samick. This is a 62” bow that comes packed with B-50 bow string and an arrow rest. For starters, let us first talk about the design of the recurve bow.
The limbs are carved out with hard maple along with black fiberglass. The metal limbs are accompanied by a pocket design for the bow. However, if you are not comfortable with the weight, you can add or remove the limbs at your convenience.
Coming to the draw length – it touches a maximum at 29”. The product is designed in a way that the draw is made with the right hand.
- Being lightweight, this bow is easy to use
- Durable in nature
- Comes packed with special technology that reduces the vibration on shooting.
- The bow draws smoothly
- The whole product can be set up using bare hands
- Is sturdy and well crafted
- The product comes with an arrow rest that may wear out after extended use
Overall, the recurve bow really proves to be one of the best recurve bows for hunting. It is light and durable and can be used in different and extreme weather conditions.
The bow is specially pre-drilled in order to allow space for other accessories.
Best Takedown Recurve Bow
SAS Courage 60
When talking about takedown recurve arrow bows, this particular product truly stands out as one of the best takedown recurve bows. The limbs are wooden with a fiberglass face. The total length of the bow is 60” which is ideal in this category.
With a draw weight of 35-55 lbs, this recurve bow is very comfortable to hold and use. This ensures that this product is well suited for everyone, starting from beginners to even the most experienced individuals.
The design and make of the recurve bow are such that it proves to be stable and comfortable. With an impressive arrow speed, this gives rise to the precise and accurate shooting.
- This bow gives high-quality performances at a reasonable price
- Being strong and hardy, this bow can be your best friend during shooting
- The 50 lbs weight adds a lot of strength to the bow
- With a well carved out body, this bow is impressive to look at
- The takedown bow does not come with an arrow rest and it needs to be purchased separately
- Initially, it is a little difficult to string the bow without an external stringer.
- A number of accessories will have to be attached to the bow before use
Overall, this product is ideal for everyone, that’s why it’s made it on our takedown recurve bow reviews. There is some vibration in the bow while in action; however, that does not make the shooter uncomfortable. It is easy to set up and proves to be an efficient bow.
SAS Explorer Metal Riser Takedown Recurve Bow
The next takedown recurve bow is another interesting product. This is one of the most pleasant products to look at accompanied by high strength, all thanks to the aluminum casting.
Coming to the limbs – it is made from strong fiberglass and limbs of maple. Ideally, the product is suited for right handed shooters.
The bow works in perfect combination with flexibility and durability. Even in the bent position, it holds its strength.
- At a lower price, this bow provides the quality and efficiency of a much higher priced product
- It is comfortable to use and draw for shooting days
- The entire assembly is rather simple and comfortable and the work can be done in under 5 minutes
- The lack of an arrow rest makes it a little difficult to use this bow
- Mostly suited for people above 6’ and needs adjustments for anyone less than this
This bow from SAS is especially a good choise for one of the best takedown recurve bows for younger shooters. With a beautifully crafted body, this product is sure to impress you right at the first instant.
This bow also is a value for money at this price. Within 20 yards, this takedown bow is a great option.
Best Recurve Bow For Beginners
Ragim Wildcat Takedown Recurve Bow Complete Archery Set
It is essential to be careful about the choice of the appropriate recurve bow. As a beginner, the shooter will be exposed to a whole new world with a number of adjustments to be made.
So, getting the correct combination is important. This is why this bow from Ragim proves to be a great choice as the best recurve bow for beginners.
This is a 62” bow that is ideal for recreational archery purposes. The metal sight is adjustable, allowing you to correct your aim and form.
- High-quality product
- The bow stringer is pretty strong and simple to adjust
- The product comes with the entire archery kit including high-quality arrows
- The arrow rest is a little fragile and it would be a good idea to replace it
- Installation instructions are not clear and you may need to resort to online videos for instruction
The strongest aspect of this product is the fact that it comes in an entire kit with all the necessary equipment. With a smooth finger release and a finger tab, it is extremely comfortable to use and work with.
For a beginner, this is could be the perfect product, at a reasonable price.
Martin Archery Jaguar Elite 45# Bow
When it comes to the finding the best recurve bow for beginners, the key is to make the bow simple and uncomplicated so that it becomes useful for the beginners and is usually easy to handle for them.
For starters, this bow is generally very strong with an aluminum and magnesium make. Apart from that, it is sturdy and lightweight.
Why we say that it is comfortable to use? Because it comes with a thermal protective grip that helps you hold the product in your hands without discomfort.
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Comes with an arrow rest which is adjustable for best results
- A number of accessories can be attached to this bow
- Thanks to it’s durable composition, this bow should be free of vibration
- The limb weight in this bow is not adjustable
- For a beginner, the limbs might seem to be a little too long
In general, if you consider the recurve bow, it proves to be a great choice for beginners. It is light and easy to handle. The whole assembling and disassembling process is easy since the whole bow is assembled with just a few screws.
With almost no hand vibration, this is a great tool for a beginner.
Best Recurve Bow For The Money
PSE Razorback Recurve Bow Right Hand
If you are looking for a recurve bow that performs nicely at a discount price, the PSE Razorback might be a good option. It looks gorgeous on itself and is comfortable to use as well.
Over the years, PSE has made a reputation for itself for delivering products of the highest quality. This bow, with a takedown design, seems to work best in remote areas for hunting.
- The limbs are interchangeable and thus the bow suits both right handers and left handers well.
- All thanks to the excellent craftsmanship, this is smooth in function and easy to hold
- Because of the different drilled holes in the riser, you can add a number of accessories
- The screws come with a dry lubricant so that your hands do not become greasy
- A separate bow stringer is required for this recurve bow
It’s made it on out list as a good choice for the best recurve bow for the money, because this is a rather beautiful bow and truly gives you full value for money.
Team it with a few accessories and it should work like a charm!
Martin Saber Takedown Bow
This takedown bow from Martin Archery sends quite a strong message at a reasonable price. It is beautiful to look at and tends to offer great draws.
As an archer, one would expect to get powerful shots from this bow with little hand shock or vibrations. The latter has been taken care of by an integrated vibration vortex and a thermal protective grip.
- There is no noticeable staking in the smooth draw
- The lack of a hand shock makes it comfortable to use and draw.
- With a smooth finish, this bow is ideal for users at any skill level
- The limbs can be removed from the bow in order to facilitate transport and storage
- The stringer can be fragile, requires delicate use
Given the accuracy of the bow, this product seems to be an ideal fit for hunters. With a number of tools to accompany, this is good choice as the best recurve bow for the money.
Best Youth Recurve Bow
Crosman Archery Sentinel Youth Recurve Bow
For young kids, archery is a rather exciting concept. For this, it is essential to provide them with the best youth recurve bow in order to give them a good beginning in the world of bows and arrows.
Made from the highest quality materials, it is durable and easy to use. It comes packed with a number of accessories that help the youth learn archery and shooting.
With a right-hander setup, this is a sturdy yet lightweight device.
- The product is durable and hardy
- For right-handed shooters, an integrated design allows for an optimum hand placement and ease of use
- The sight is adjustable for best results
- With a 20 lbs product, it gives you the feeling of a real bow
- Plastic limbs on this design may show wear after extended outdoor use
- The accessories provided in the package are not very useful when it comes to the recurve bow for the youth.
This recurve bow is not only the best youth recurve bow for kids but beginners at any age. It is imperative to start shooting at close distances and ranges before you can move on to skilled archery.
Easton Youth Beginner Recurve Bow Kit
For a beginner or a kid, this is another interesting product that comes as a whole kit including the likes of a beginner bow, a set of three arrows, a hip quiver, arm guard and a finger tab.
The black set is beautiful to look at and gives a very smooth draw. This bow is ideal for kids of age 8 years and above.
- It comes in an ambidextrous design that can be used both right handed shooters and left handed shooters.
- With a draw weight of about 10 to 20 pounds, it is ideal for young beginners
- With a sturdy design, this is durable and easy to use.
- With the entire kit included in the package, you do not have to buy separate accessories.
- The plastic sight tends to snap quickly and may need to be replaced
- The arrow rest lacks long term durability
Overall, if you are looking to get a beginner bow for your kid of around 12 years or so, this is a perfect choice. With all the accessories with the setup, it is easy to start off in the world of shooting and archery with this product.
Best Recurve Bow For Women
Samick Polaris Takedown Recurve 62
For women who love archery or hunting or for those who want to venture into the world of archery, this recurve bow from the house of Samick would be the best recurve bow for women to begin with.
The limbs are hard and strong, with a hardy characteristic which makes it durable, especially for outdoor locations. The materials involved here are walnut and hard maple. It proves to be a great entry level bow as well.
- The recurve bow comes with the ideal draw weight for women
- The bow can be disassembled for easier transport and storage.
- It has an ergonomic slim grip structure that makes it comfortable to use and shoot.
- The bow stringer comes in handy, especially for the beginners
- It is not so useful for hunting purposes
- If you are looking for a slicker and more compact design, the handle might be too long for you
This Samick recurve bow might not be the strongest product in the market but we think it is the ideal and best recurve bow for women, especially the beginners.
For people who find it difficult to pull heavy weights, this bow might make them comfortable.
Our Winner Is…
So, what is the best recurve bow? Well, every bow has it’s own set of pros and cons, and each will serve their own purpose.
Keeping in mind the criteria we mentioned, this bow meets our standard as a great hunting bow, as it is easy to handle and shoots accurately. This bow is ready to roll right out of the package.
Its durable makeup should prove to be dependable and reliable on your most intense hunts..
It comes with the perfect recurve length and weight to be comfortable and smooth in action. With a hardy and durable structure, this proves to be a great option for the best recurve bow.
Using a bow to shoot is an extremely challenging, yet rewarding sport. Sometimes it can be tough to figure out exactly what you may need for your intended purpose.
Hopefully with the help of this guide you have a better understanding of what to look for and what your purpose is.
So tell us, which bow would you choose?